Boiler Operation, Safety and Maintenance
A two day course comprising of operation and INDG436-BG01 safety awareness. Including ‘hands on’ maintenance and fault finding. Directed at engineering and maintenance personnel.
· Heath and safety relating to the operation and maintenance of boiler, steam systems.
· Boiler design and construction.
· Recording details of own boiler plant.
· Recording start up sequence of their own boiler plant.
· Causes of boiler explosions.
· The importance of strict adherence to carrying out and keeping records of Shift, daily and weekly checks.
· Boiler controls, valves fittings and adjustments.
· Guidance note INDG436-BG01 and its implications to maintenance.
· Boiler efficiency.
· Steam plant efficiency.
· Taking of relative readings to monitor and improve boiler and plant efficiency.
· Combustion and burner maintenance.
· Gas regulations and their relevance.
· Boiler feed-water systems.
· Water treatment.
· Written examination.
Illustrated with instruction to demonstrate the skills and principles required to operate modern steam plant in a safe, efficient and manner. This will enable maintenance engineers to develop a logical process, leading to a safer and more efficient operation.
Practical sessions are held. Ideally with the spare boiler if available.